Piccadilly is at the heart of London and is well connected to the whole city. Apart from being the straightest and widest street in London, it also houses the most important landmarks such as the Royal Academy, Hard Rock Café, BAFTA, RAF club, Hatchards, Embassy of Japan and others. This place should be in the first position of your “to visit” list for London. Being one of the principal shopping streets of London, you should pay this street a visit once. However being at the heart of the city, you can find cheap budget locations to stay near Piccadilly. Few cheap hotels in Piccadilly are mentioned below.
- Le Meridian: Probably one of the cheapest option around the Piccadilly area and is bang in the center. It has all modern amenities with concierge service, voice mail phones and free Wi-Fi access. It comes with a dedicated bar and lounge, is pet friendly and also has swimming pools and fitness center. The presence of suites will attract the customers who will want some more sophistication.
- Carnaby Street Guesthouse: Just a stone throw away from Piccadilly Circus, and at the historic west end of London, it is a great cheap accommodation. They have their own laundry services, luggage office, free towels and sheets and free Wi-Fi.
- SoHostel: Located in the famous Soho, just behind Piccadilly Circus, provides you with all the modern amenities like cozy rooms, lounge, and a bar. There is PC point for guests, vending machines for drinks and snacks, and laundry facilities. Major establishments and landmarks are just a few minutes away i.e. the Oxford street, the cafes and theatres of Covent Garden and the Trafalgar square and National Museum – all within minutes from the hostel.
- Covent Garden Studio Apartment: In case you want to camp out at a place and call it your home, you can rent Covent Garden Studio Apartments. These apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen, living area with TV, CD/DVD players and Wi-Fi Internet connections. You can explore the shops in Oxford Street or visit the Chinatown for some culinary experience or pay a visit to the National Portrait Gallery.
- Marisa Hotel: It is a small cozy place above a souvenir shop in Oxford Street, and will provide you with well furnished rooms, mini fridge, wooden floors and a toaster as well. The hotel is centrally located with quick access to the tube and Trafalgar square.
If you venture out further in the city, you will find other cheap locations as well but they might not be as well connected and right at the middle of the happenings. With great overall connectivity, Piccadilly is the perfect place to set up your camps before going around the city. And when you are done with the city, you can always come back and shop your heart out at Piccadilly Street! You can also visit a large number of landmarks for a bonus as well.