London is one of the largest cities in the whole world and has people from all around the world. Both a popular business and vacation destination, there are plenty of landmarks and places worth visiting in London for you. You will literally find everything from modern architectures to traditional museums and art exhibitions. Let us have a look at the top attractions in London.
- British Museum: A world famous museum, it hosts artifacts from the ancient world to the modern century. Highlights are the Rosetta stone, the Parthenon sculptures and the mummies in the ancient Egyptian civilization. It also hosts a number of exhibitions.
- National Gallery: Located at the Trafalgar square, and is mostly populated with European paintings from the 13th to the 19th century era. It contains masterpieces from Gogh, da Vinci, Botticelli, Constable, Renoir, Titian and Stubbs. Some of the exhibitions however require purchasing tickets.
- Tate Modern: Located at the banks of the Thames, it is British’s national museum of modern and contemporary art. However you might be astonished at the unique shape of the structure. It was once a power station. The gallery has restaurants which offer excellent views across the city.
- National History Museum: It houses something very unique – a permanent dinosaur exhibition! It mostly contains fossils from the bygone era of Jurassic and Triassic periods and contains some fascinating peek at the ancient flora and fauna. It can be your very own “Night at the Museum” flick.
- London Eye: One of the largest merry-go-rounds in the world, situated at the bank of Thames, offers excellent view of the city. It has all glass capsules that can hold 32 people at a time and you can have a bird-eye’s view of more than 30 of the most important landmarks in London.
- Science Museum: Want something engaging at an intellectual level and flex your mental muscles? Science Museum is the best place to be at. It houses all the important modern inventions from the last 3 centuries and houses an Imax theatre which can show 3D movies.
- Tower of London: It is one of the most famous buildings in the world and has 9 centuries of history associated with the Royal palace. It also houses a prison, sites of executions, arsenal, jewel house and zoo!
- Madame Tussauds: Brace for something awesome i.e. real life replicas made of wax of real life people. From Shakespeare to Lady Gaga to Usain Bolt to the royal members of the monarchy, you can pose with them all.
There are plenty of other places to visit as well. However after all this, you will likely want to rest at some place and experience fine dining. London city bar is the perfect place to visit for a great culinary experience and assorted range of drinks. It will rejuvenate your senses and encourages you to explore more of the wonderful city!