With the advancement of the year 2015, the excitement among the cricket fans are getting intensified as they’re eager to watch their top team’s battle with each other in the biggest cricket tournament – the ICC World Cup. The 2015 ICC World Cup is being hosted in the land of kangaroos – Australia and New Zealand. The rich, colorful and exotic life of the country will provide a tranquil ambience for the cricket admirers a chance to enjoy the rich culture life of Australia as well as to enjoy the gaming spirit of the various matches that are to be hosted at the different parts of the country.
The mode of team selection for ICC World Cup 2015
The sport is intensified with excitement and surcharged with passion from the millions of people all around the globe. A total of 49 matches are to be hosted out of which, 42 matches are the qualification or elimination matches which will judge the team’s performance allowing the teams to move to the quarter finals round. The quarter finals round consists of 4 matches, in which the 8 qualified teams will battle with one another which has been selected on the basis of lottery. This elimination round will qualify 4 teams who will face each other at the 2 semi-finals. The top two contenders from semi-finals will face each other at the final game from which a team will emerge victorious and be identified as the ICC World cup champion of 2015.
Venues of the matches of ICC World Cup 2015
The game consists of different matches that are to be hosted at different interspersed locations at Australia and New Zealand. All the qualifying rounds are hosted in the various cricket grounds such as Adelaide Oval, Melbourne Cricket ground, Saxton Oval, University Oval Dunedin, Wellington Regional Stadium, Hagley Oval, Eden Park etc where the game will commence from February 14th 2015 and will conclude on March 15th 2015. With the end of the qualification matches will result in the beginning of quarter finals which are scheduled as follows:
- Sydney Cricket Ground will host the 1st Quarter final on 18th March 2015.
- 2nd Quarter final will commence on March 19th 2015 at Melbourne Cricket ground.
- 3rd Quarter final will commence on March 20th 2015 at Adelaide Oval.
- 4th Quarter final will commence on March 21st 2015 at Wellington Regional Stadium.(image by Zimbly Anil!)
The game proceeds towards the semi finals round that are scheduled to be hosted as follows:
- 1st Semi –final will host at Eden Park in Auckland on 24th March 2015.
- 2nd Semi-final will host at Sydney Cricket Ground in Sydney on 26th March 2015.
The epic finale has been recognized to be hosted at the biggest cricket ground in Australia – Melbourne Cricket Ground at Melbourne on March 29th 2015 which will put a closure to the World Cup for another 4yrs.
Hotels that will be available during the tenure of World Cup 2015
The biggest profit that will be poured into the country during the tenure of World Cup is a gargantuan foreign attraction with the flow of foreign currency. Several hotels equipped with the basic amenities have been selected for residing during the matches for the visitors, the players as well as for the members of the cricket board. Following are the ICC world cup venues & hotels that have been short listed which are as follows:
- At Sydney, there are Wattle Private Hotel, Manor House Boutique Hotel, Hughenden Boutique Hotel.
- At Melbourne, there are Knight Bridge Apartments, Mantra on Jolimont.
- At Adelaide, there are Inter Continental Adelaide, Stamford Plaza and Oaks Horizon Apartment Hotel.
- At Brisbane, there are Wellington Apartment Hotel, Diana Plaza and Sudima Suites.
- At Perth, there are Hyatt Regency Perth, Fraser Suite and Crowne Plaza Perth.(image by xybo)
All such residential hotels are situated within 0.7 miles of the cricket stadiums. Such an adjustable location and the availability of the basic amenities will enhance the spirit of living of cricket supporters who are looking forward to make a travel to watch their countries in a battle live at the stadium.
Featured image courtesy by prateek2011