I’m here to take you to the beautiful and wonderful Ceylon. Yes Sri lanka was before known by the name Ceylon. Maybe many would have not known that even this island has so many places to be looked at. There are many wonderful places and I’ll take you to those places in my blog. I’m sure you will be just stunned to know that even this island has so many places and you will surely plan a trip to this place for your next vacation. Sri lanka is located in the north of the Indian Ocean and at the south coast of India.
There are many religions and languages in this place and you will also have lot to enjoy here. Let me take you to each spot one by one. The first place where I’m going to take you is known as “Anuradhapura”. It is one of the cities located at Srilanka. This city could also be found in the history also because it was the capital of the Anuradhapura kingdom. It is one of a major city here.
If you are a historic lover then this is the best place which you can look at. This is because there are many ruins which you can find about the Srilankan civilization. An historic place you can reach here to find more history.
FACTS ABOUT ANURADHAPURA
- It is Unesco World Heritage site.
- Can find many ruins about the past.
- The next fact about this place is it is one among eight Wold Heritage sites.
- Are you a Buddha lover? Then this is the right place for you, because you have many monasteries here and this is place is also considered very much sacred to Buddhists.
WHAT YOU CAN FIND HERE?
In this city the best spots to find here are
- Abhayagiri Vihara: in this place one can find the monastery of Theravada Buddhism. You can find many stories here with roofed tiles, burnt clay and great walls. Other things one could find here are balustrades and moonstones.
- Ruwanweli Maha Seya: it is a stupa and considered as the most sacred place for Buddha. This is the one of the tallest building which is 103m and circumference of 950ft.
- Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi: you could also find the Mahabodhi temple where you can find this tree. It is the old, large and the sacred fig tree. This is the place where the teacher Buddha is said to have attained enlightment.
These are some of the must watch spots in this city. A treat to the historic lovers. So if any of you wants to spend in your vacation by learning history then do not hesitate and to visit this enlightened place.